Job offer Fundraising Workshop
We are looking for skilled workshop facilitators for a sex-worker focused Grant Writing Workshop series planned from March 2023 until June 2023. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until April 1st, 2023.
Applications can be sent **in English** in ONE of the following forms to email@example.com along with any relevant links or supporting files:
1) written format as a document of no more than one page (a letter explaining qualifications or a CV)
2) as an audio file of no more than 90 seconds
Rate of Compensation:
Between 200 - 250 EUR per workshop.
Successful applicants should:
• Be a former/active sex worker OR an experienced grant writer with a demonstrated commitment to anti-racist/anti-swerf/feminist/pro-LGBTQIA/migration/etc. activism.
• Have experience applying for funding from one or more of the following: foundations, non-profits, the Berlin Senate, the European Union, civil society organisations, or other relevant funding sources.
• Feel confident speaking in front of a group of between 10 - 20 people.
• Be able to give an in-person workshop in Berlin on a topic related to being able to write a successful grant application or understand the ecology of grants relevant to swers.
• Be able to give a workshop in English, with additional languages (Arabic, French, Spanish, etc.) as an asset.
• Be able to write an invoice in Germany.
About the series:
Our project envisions a series of monthly grant writing workshops between March 2023 until June 2023 in Berlin, provided at no cost to swer individuals or collectives in Berlin. The number of participants would be limited to between 10 – 20 individuals and/or representatives of larger collectives.
Each workshop of between 2 - 4 hours would focus on a different aspect of grant writing facilitated by members of the swer community who have submitted successful grant applications or by trained external experts with a demonstrated commitment to activism.
The first workshop of the series is scheduled for late March 2023, and should be focused on the theme of ‘Funding & Grant Writing Basics.’ Each following workshop should build on the skills attained in each previous workshop, with the final workshop acting as a capstone.
In addition to these four workshops, the organizers of the series will provide ad-hoc writing tutoring or counselling every month for participants in the workshop series.
By the end of the workshop series in June 2023, each participant will have identified and ideally begun at least one grant application that they will apply for in the 2023/2024 cycle (or 2024/2025 cycle, depending on certain applications) and feel prepared to make a successful grant application submission.
Participants will be well-versed on the vocabulary of grant applications and feel informed as to where they can apply for funding from to fund their activist projects, as well as how to frame their projects to various funders.
This workshop series is funded by the Hydra Verein but is not a part of Hydra's programming. The series is coordinated by two swers in Berlin, one of whom is a Hydra employee and the other a member of the Black Sex Worker Collective.
Applications will be reviewed only by the two swers coordinating the series and all application data will be deleted no later than June 2023.
Applications from swers, particularly those from the BIPOC, migrant, and Trans* community, will be prioritized. We look forward to seeing your applications!