We are offering accepting, anonymous, confidential and free counseling.
We recommend to make an appointment by phone (030 - 611 00 23). You can also drop by during our opening hours.
For the appointment at our counseling centre, we require a telephone number and a name to get back to you. In order to ensure anonymity, the name does not have to be your real name.
We counsel in German, Bulgarian, Spanish and English.
Who do we counsel?
- All women and transwomen, who work in pros tu on and do other sex-based work or who wouldlike to reorient themselves and find other work
- Their partners, relatives or friends
- People who work with prostitutes or who are in contact with them
- Psychosocial counseling
- Crisis consultation and upon request, referral to available therapy services
- Counseling on violence and human trafficking
- Social-legal advice
- Information and orientation counseling for new workers
- Employment information for workers wishing to leave sex work
- Health and workplace safety
- Online counseling
- Tax consultancy
- Family counseling
- Educational work for the interested general public
- Peer outreach at the workplaces of sex workers
Stressful and difficult life situations can arise in any person’s life. If the topics at hand stem from sex work itself (double life, stigma etc.) or if these problems are occurring due to totally unrelated reasons, Hydra offers professional help and support in finding a solution.
This can be in the form of stress-relieving conversations or if you wish, in more longterm support. We can also refer you to further available support and social services, and we can also support you in gaining access to mental health services/a therapist.
When the crisis is severely impacting one’s mental health, then we are in need of help and support. Besides crisis counseling, we also offer uncomplicated referrals to mental health services. Hydra and the project “Akute Traumahilfe” [Acute Trauma Support] are here to help you get the support that you need and want. There are up to 10 therapy sessions available in crisis situations - independently from the fact whether you have health insurance or you are registered. For further information & contact details: email@example.com
We counsel women, who are affected by violence, abuse, exploitation and trafficking, and we offer support in acute emergencies.
At Hydra you can speak confidentially about your situation. We will inform you of your rights, can refer you to crisis shelters and we can accompany you every step of the way. Everything is done with your express consent. We help you assert your rights. For any type of coercion, there is legal action that can be undertaken.
Hydra offers social-legal counseling for all sex workers on various legal issues. We counsel on social security issues (unemployment assistance I + II, health insurance, housing, childcare etc.), as well as on migration-specific and immigration law issues. Together we can work out a solution, and we can refer you to an appointment with a solicitor as needed. You can also receive information on the Prostitutes Protection Act (ProstSchG) at Hydra.
Hydra offers anonymous and free entrance and orientation counseling. We counsel you in a private, confidential, one-on-one setting if you are thinking about entering prostitution. You will receive support in making your decision and answers to all questions you are asking yourself before taking any further concrete steps in that direction. If you should then decide to work in prostitution, Hydra will give you criteria to help you find a concrete workplace and we can also answer any questions regarding self-employment.
Usually, the orientation counseling consists of a conversation with a social worker, a sex worker and our tax advisor. Hydra also counsels you if you already work as a sex worker, and you would like to start working in Germany or Berlin, or if you would like to reorient yourself within the sex work industry, etc.
You are looking for an alternative to sex work. You would like to reorientate yourself in your personal life and job-wise. You would like to exit the trade and do something else.
At Hydra we offer you:
- Individual planning and clarification of the next steps,
- Counseling and support in securing one’s livelihood after exiting the trade or as the first step alongside prostitution,
- Practical support in the realization of your new professional visions,
- Referral to “Lernladen” and “Jobpoint”, social services to help you secure other jobs or learn a trade
Often times family members of prostitutes are worried and feel uncertain about their work. Hydra offers counseling for these family members in order for them to reconsider their views on prostitution, and perhaps develop other answers in regards to their child, their mother, their sister or partner.